What is chiropractic
What is a Subluxation?
A subluxation ( sub-luk-say-shun) is a structural change in the spine that compromises the nervous system that controls and regulates every cell, tissue, organ and system of your body. Locating and reducing subluxations is why chiropractic care produces results.
What is an Adjustment?
Chiropractic adjustment is a procedure in which trained specialists (chiropractors) use their hands or a small instrument to apply a controlled, sudden force to a spinal joint. The goal of chiropractic adjustment, also known as spinal manipulation, is to correct structural alignment and improve your body's physical function.
Why see a Chiropractor?
There are five reasons people consult a chiropractor:
- Obvious Spinal Problem: Most people associate chiropractic care with headaches, neck and back problems. Our interest in the spine is because it houses the nervous system.
- Visceral or Organic Complaints: Many consult a chiropractor for “non-back” health problems. Chiropractic care has helped everything from bedwetting and asthma to colic and stomach problems.
- Natural Drug Free Health Care: Those who wish to avoid risky drugs or irreversible surgery will often visit a chiropractor first. Chiropractic is a safer, more natural approach to better health.
- Maintenance and Prevention: If you’ve had chiropractic care before, you already know the value of ongoing chiropractic care. Select a chiropractor who supports chiropractic by being a member of our association.
- Stay Well: We experience life through our nervous system. Those who want to optimize their health, be all that they can be and perform at their best, receive regular chiropractic. Spinal problems rarely improve on their own.